Monday, September 9, 2013

Written in your heart

Familia!

Okay, so are you ready for the big new!??  I got changed . . AGAIN!!  What?  Sometimes I really don't understand president. Hna Peralta and I felt like we would both stay one more cambio, and if anyone was going to leave we thought that it would be her since she has almost 5 months there.  But nope. I got changes again.  I felt like I had just packed all my bags and started over again, now here I am in the same situation . . . but harder!

So I am in Lampa now, it is like a suburb just outside of Santiago and it is really pretty here.  My companion is la Hna Lima.  I bet you think she is from Peru . . . WRONG!  She is from . . drum roll ..  BRAZIL!! What?  I am so excited to be working with her and I hope to learn a little Portuguese while we are together.

Hna Lima just finished being trained and now I am her senior companion.  Basically I am scared out of my mind!  If the sector tanks it is my fault, and President just changed a bunch of things about the mission and what counts as a contact and how we are supposed to count references and stuff.  Its a lot stricter now and I really don't know if I can do this.  I literally feel a weight has been dropped on my shoulders and I just feel like crying.  But I've cried enough.

The night we found out about combios I was just in shock. I couldn't believe it.  It was like my first cambio all over again.  Then, on Sunday while we were eating lunch with a member in a cute little farm house it just hit me that I was leaving Los Andes . . again!  While we were walking back to our house, we were walking along this beautiful road lined with trees and I wanted to take a picture.  So I searched in my backpack for my camera, but I had forgot it at home.  That was the straw that broke my back.  I just started crying.  Not like bawling, but the tears wouldn't stop.  I didn't want to leave.  I love the ward and the people so so so much!  One of our investigators, D*, is getting baptized on the 15th, and I won't be there.  Hna Peralta started crying too.  Man, I just love that place.

We were able to stop by the house and look for my camera so I could take picture with our investigator and such.  Well, as we were leaving the house again, I snapped a photo of the mountains that I loved to see every time we left the house.  As I looked at the photo and then the real thing, there was no comparison.  A photo could never ever capture the beauty of those mountains.  As we were walking down the road, I was just in a terrible mood.  Then a thought came to my head: "There are some things in life that can't be captured on a camera, but must be written in your heart."  Its so true.  If someone took a video of my entire mission, it wouldn't do it justice.  I have pictures of my mission and videos, but if you really what to know what it looked like, what it sounded like, what it smelt like, and what it felt like, you'd have to look in my heart.

So yes, I am sad to leave Los Andes again, but I can't cry because it is over, I have to smile because it happened.

My last week in San Felipe was great!  I finally got my birthday package!  Oh man I LOVE THAT VIDEO!  We had to steal the Elders DVD Player, and I watched like 4 times before we returned it, and I recorded it on my camera!  You guys are the best!  And Mom, I love you to death and if it were up to me I would tell you to send me packages until your heart sings, but today the wheels of my suitcases broke!  I really can't have any more stuff! Unless I specifically ask for something, just send food from here on out!  Thanks!  Love you to death, and it is always an adventure to open the packages and think ..  oh what has mom sent this time . . . but I just don't have any more room and changes are a pain.  I don't think I will have many more changes in the mission.  Once a missionary advances to senior companion, President leaves them in a sector for 6 to 8 months.  So I think I will be here in Lampa for a while.  But, who knows . . . anything could happen.

So, I had notes of all the stuff I was going to tell you guys, but I left it in my other agenda which is buried somewhere in my luggages.  But a few things from the week.  I am no longer with a cold . . my nose is still a little runny but that's all.  Also, we forgot to change our time on Sunday and got to church late!!  Jajaja.  But D*came to church, so that was great!  It was hard to find our investigators in their houses this week, so we did a lot of talking to people in the streets.  But, two of our investigators who last week told us not to come by anymore, accepted us in their houses again!  So that was great!  I just wish I was in San Felipe so that I could keep visiting them and maybe see them enter the waters of baptism someday.

Okay, I got to go, and this is the last day I will have 1.5 hour of internet time. Starting next week we only have an hour!  Bummer.  There have just been a lot of changes in the mission.  I really don't know what I am going to do.  PRAY, I guess that is my only option.

Love you all, que tenga una linda semena!

No comments:

Post a Comment