Dear family,I would like to start my email with a story, or I guess it is an experience. The following account happened on Tuesday.
The ever faithful Hermana Leyva took out her scriptures and began reading. After 20 minutes of silence passed, I turned to her and asked, "well, did you find the solution? How we should find people to teach?" She said, "Yes, we need to pray." Doubt crept into my heart as I thought a simple prayer was not going to solve our problems. Here is the scripture she read:
Immediately following the prayer we contacted 3 people who were all old investigators who were all willing to listen. That day we taught a total of 6 lessons. I needed to say that prayer so that the Lord could remind me that He truly is there, and I just need to have a little more trust, a little more faith. I think in life, we often have to relearn the same thing over and over again until it finally sticks, like Spanish. I don't know how many times Hermana Leyva has told me how to say "I'm confused," and I can just never remember it. The phrase is in my mind, sometimes its just hard to find. But the Lord is ever patient, and ever willing to reteach, and reteach until we finally get it right. Until it finally sticks.
Sometimes you have to let yourself feel pain and sorrow so that when the joy comes into your life it will be sweeter. But you cant let yourself stay in the pain and sorrow, because it is easy to do so. There will always be bad days, hard weeks, and trails, but if you fail to smile, and to laugh, then you will forget how. It is impossible to be happy all the time, but it is not impossible to find time to be happy. I think that finding joy in the journey means that you pass through the hard times with a hope that you will be happy again.
|This is a sweet lady that we visit. She is 96!!!|
Okay, now to respond to your email. YEAH HARRISON!! You are templed!! Isn't it amazing!! Go to the temple as much as you can before you leave, cause you will miss it so so so much! Also, Happy Faths day . . . pops!! Love you!! I glad Wilson took good care of you on your special day. Also, Harrison still needs to accept L* on facebook!! This is urgent!! And go ahead and accept all those people for me . . . thanks!! The shoes fall on me a bit big . . . but so much better than the last ones. Also, I cant believe that Matthew is home! HAha, there is an elder in our zone that is practically his twin!!
So, A few updates from Simon Bolivar.
1. R* is great!! Also she makes the best bread in the whole world! Man, I love her!
2. P* still wants to get baptized, but she is working out some problems with her marriage . . . pray for her!!
3. J* finally ACCEPTED A BAUTISMAL FETCHA! She knows the church is true, but she doesn't think baptism is essential. Also, I think she is looking for an angel to come down and tell her she needs to be baptized. She has a fear that if she gets baptized she might regret it one day, and so she doesn't want to. But she accepted a tentative date. She said "I'm not promising anything, but if I fell like getting baptised on the 30th, than I will" Except she said it in Spanish.
4. Hermana M* has seen the blessings of tithing. She told us that one day she bought food for four, to feed her family. But they had four unexpected guests, and she said that she fed everyone until they were full!! God multiplied the bread and the fishes for her!
5. We passed by O's, and he was SO happy to see us!! We are going to start teaching him again and we are so happy! We also passed by two other investigators that we had dropped at the beginning of the transfer that now have a lot of potential to get baptized!!
Hermana Leyva and I have lots of goals for this transfer. We are going to baptize!! Because we finally get it . . . WE ARE NOTHING! Just the flower pot.
Basically I love you all so so so so much! And I hope you have an amazing week full of just good stuff! Remember to let the Lord fill you with whatever he wants to grow, and stop painting pictures on the outside of your flower pot, cause it will never compare to the real thing.
Ps. Jackie Creer, I am so happy for you that Brennen is coming home!
|This is Hermana A* that is inactive, but has come to church the past two weeks in a row!!|
She now has the goal to go to the temple and be sealed with her husband who died.
The other sister is her daughter and the kids are her grandkids.