Friday, February 22, 2013

He can help us do the impossible

Family!

Okay so yes I have got your letters and the packages!  Haha, thanks for the fish! Everyone loved it.  Also the mama rolls are great.  I haven't eaten them yet.  I actually got it about 1 hour after I started a twenty four hour fast.  So that was torturous.  But tonight, after class, I am breaking those babies out!  My district will love me!

Yes, I got my flight plans.  I'm leaving on Monday, flying out of Salt Lake City at 7:16AM, landing in Atlanta at 12:54, then flying to Miami at 1:40, and finally from Miami to Chile at 8:25PM.  So I will probably call you in Miami cause I have a five hour layover.  I'll probably call you around 4 Miami time.  Oh, and yes, respond to Jesus on my facebook.  He was a great student. Tell him the following:  Jesus!  I miss you so much.  I hope you like your new teachers.  Tell everyone hi for me.

Okay, I don't have your letter with me, so I don't remember all the questions.  But I hope I answered the important ones.  So I saw Cameron, but never when I have had my camera.  And I don't know if I will be able to find my cousin.  This place is packed!!  I also saw John Burrup and Eric Nelson.  I didn't even know that they worked here.  So it was a pleasant surprise.  Oh, and the name of the elder going to Kennewick is Elder Rosero.  He's Spanish speaking so you might never meet him.  I've met quite a few people going to Kennewick, and I tell them to find the Ostlers:)

Mom, I wore that skirt you made me and I got sosososo many compliments!!

So everything has been going good!  The hardest part for me is still Spanish.  I really don't think I should be in the advanced class.  It's just so frustrating because I can't express myself the way I'm used to.  I love to use complex language, metaphors, analogies, and beautiful diction, and I just can't do that in Spanish.  Like the other day we were teaching a lesson and we used the story of Alma as an example of Christ's love and forgiveness.  I told the story like this: "In this book, there is a man named Alma.  When we was young he was bad.  He was destroying the church.  His father prayed for him everyday.  One day . . .. "  That is not how I tell stories!!!  It's just frustrating.

And when we did TRC, I was completely lost!  The woman we taught spoke so so so so fast, and she barely let us say two words!  I just feel like I have so much to learn, and there is no way I can learn it all.  But I can either look at this as a long, hard trail full of hills, potholes, curves, rivers, and obstacles that I have to walk alone.  Or I can look at is as a long hard trail full of hills, potholes, curves, rivers and obstacles that I can walk with Christ.  If I let Him, He will be my guide, and I can lean on him during the hard times, and express my joy to him during the good times.  But more importantly, He can show me the beauty in the journey.  The hidden treasures that are often lost amidst the trail.

Devo was so good this week.  Elder Christenson from the seventy talked.  He spoke on prayer.  He talked about how we need to recognize when the answers to our prayers come, and he used the example of Moses parting the red sea.  He said that Moses had to be still, and wait for the Lord as he stood in the sea, then it came "Moses, Part the sea."  That really hit me.  Right now I feel like I am standing in the sea waiting for my answer. How do I get through this?  And the Lord is telling me, "Saydi, Part the sea."  I think that the Lord asks all of us to part our own sea.  Each of us have something standing in our way of accomplishing our goals.  But if we have faith in Him, He can help us part the sea.  He can help us do the impossible.  I don't know how I am going to part this sea.  I don't know how I am going to learn Spanish.  I don't think it's possible to walk through this trial on dry ground, and drowning seems to be the only option.  But I know I am not alone.  He will walk with me.  He will fight for me.

Okay, I have to go.  I love you all!!  I still love my companion, but she is definitely 19.  I know I'm only 1 year older than her, but this past year has been such a year of growth for me, and the year between 19 and twenty is very significant, and sometimes very evident here at the MTC.   
Love you!

Hermana Ostler 


Jackson & Hermana Ostler in the MTC
They are both pointing to their missions, which border each other
Jackson went to Argentina, Mendoza
And Saydi is headed to Chili, Santiago North

No comments:

Post a Comment